- Cover up to 70 years of age
- Worldwide coverage (payments only when in Australia)
Major Project Workers benefits
Income Protection (injury and illness)
- Leisure time injury and illness
- Up to 85% of pre disability earnings to a maximum benefit of $2,750 per week
- 14 days excess period on claims
- 28 days excess for sporting claims
- Up to 2 years benefit period
WorkCover Top Up benefits
Covers eligible insured workers once WorkCover benefits reduce below 85% of pre-disability earnings.
- Top-Up benefit to a combined maximum $2,000 per week after 26 weeks, once WorkCover reduces payment below 85% of pre disability income, need to provide a letter from WorkCover.
- Up to 78 weeks benefit from date WorkCover reduces payment
- Top-Up ceases when WorkCover stops payment
Portable Sick Leave
Allows those employees that accrue sick leave to bank those days that would normally be lost when they leave or change employment.
- Bank unused sick leave days on termination
- Capped to 100 days maximum
- CIP Termination must be completed online or a form completed by employer
- Not available to casual workers
- Held for 2 years from last contribution
- Days returned to employer if employee returns to employer within 6 months
CIP Termination Forms are available at forms or via the employer online contribution advice. The form must be completed by the employer and submitted to CIP to ensure sick leave entitlements are banked for the workers.
The current CIP Major Projects contribution rate is:
- $44.50 per person, per week (including GST)
Employers are required to pay the contribution per week (no pro-rata) for each employee in accordance with the Constitution. Contributions for each month can be submitted from the 1st of the new month and are due no later than the last working day of the next month. Contributions must be maintained for all workers while they are on EBA Major Project sites, or when a worker has lodged a claim under the fund or is on approved leave.
Contributions must be maintained for all workers regardless of the absence ie; on workcover, annual leave, leave without pay, the constitution requires weekly payments to be contributed whilst the employee is employed, or when a worker has lodged a claim under the fund. This is an insurance product and if monthly contributions are not maintained workers will have no insurance cover for those periods where there have been no payments.
- Childbirth or pregnancy or their complications
- War whether declared or not, invasion or civil war, rebellion or insurrection.
- Intentional self-injury or suicide or any attempt at suicide
- Flying or other aerial activity unless a passenger in a properly licensed aircraft
- The worker’s illegal act.
- Any medical condition for which the worker has required treatment or advice from a doctor, chiropractor, physiotherapist, psychologist or psychiatrist in the six (6) months before the commencement date of their cover.
- Any injury or illness for which statutory insurance or compensation scheme provides compensation.
- The insured person’s use of alcohol or drugs unless the drugs have been prescribed by a registered medical practitioner and used as per registered medical practitioner’s instructions.
- Any time during which a worker is serving a prison sentence and, if already on a claim, any period of claim during which a worker is serving a prison sentence.
- Terrorism exclusion applies.
- An aggravation or an injury, illness or medical condition which is deemed by a legally qualified medical practitioner to be a deterioration, aggravation, acceleration or exacerbation of an injury, illness of medical condition significantly contributed to by your employment.
- No benefits are payable upon your 70th birthday.
NOTE: No payments will be made under this policy when the insured person is outside Australia. If disabled overseas, payments will only commence and become effective when the worker returns to Australia.
Please note: Construction Income Protection Limited (CIPL) is the administrator of the Accident and Illness Benefits Program and Portable Sick Leave Scheme. The insurance policy is arranged by Windsor Management Insurance Brokers and distributed by CIPL. CIPL does not manage or process claims. All claims are managed and processed by Total Claims Solutions, who has been appointed as claims manager of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited. CIPL does not give any advice in relation to the insurance policy.