COVID-19 Financial Hardship Claims - information for members
Friday, march 27, 2020
Click here for information regarding how to lodge your claim
COVID-19 UPDATE - Thursday, march 26, 2020
While it’s business as usual at BERT, we understand that this is a very unusual time and we are doing all we can to support our BERT and CIP members, employers and the Industry.
The Directors of the BERT Fund met yesterday and have implemented the following measures to ensure everyone continues to be supported during these uncertain times.
These measures include:
- BERT will continue to process payments for those workers who are made redundant within 3 – 5 working days
- Our Site Coordinators (Peter Close, Eddie Bland, Andrew Te Moho and Michael Booth) and the BERT Welfare Financial Counsellors (Mel Vink and Debbie Gray) continue to be available to members, on site and via mobile phone and email to answer any questions that may arise. We recommend that Employers should contact the Operations Team in the first instance. If required, please contact the Coordinators directly to request they visit your site.
- Members experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus, including being required to self-isolate or stood down from employment, will be able to access their BERT account.
- Members will not be required to provide evidence of their hardship in the forms of outstanding bills;
- Our internal Financial Counsellors will contact and assist each member making a claim; and
- Withholding tax on financial hardship claims will be temporarily reduced from 47% to 32%
There is also other support available to our members:
- Any long service leave available through Q-Leave
Members must please be aware that the below options are likely to be available for a limited time only
- The ability to withdraw super, for those who are facing coronavirus-led financial hardship. Those eligible will be able to draw down $10,000 of their super this financial year, and $10,000 next financial year. This can be undertaken through the ATO. For more information click here
- An effective doubling of income support for those on the JobSeeker payment. You can find more information here
Information for Employers
It is important to note that ending a worker’s employment may affect their access to insurance such as CIP Income Protection and other benefits.
The Australian Government is providing support to businesses. You can find out more information here.
These are the arrangements for the time being. As you are aware the situation is changing rapidly. We will continue to stay in touch and provide updates as required.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact the BERT Operations Team on 1300 261 114 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The office is open from 8am to 4:30pm daily.
Members can also access their account online via BOBB
COVID-19 UPDATE - Wednesday, march 18, 2020
WE ARE OPEN and HERE FOR OUR MEMBERS
The BERT Office is open for business as usual.
As we continue to navigate through the unprecedented challenges posed by the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to ensure you we are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our staff and members.
At this stage our BERT/CIP Representatives are limiting their site visits in line with advice from the relevant authorities. Of course, our Coordinators Eddie Bland, Peter Close, Andrew Te Moho & Mick Booth remain available to take your calls as normal, as do Mel Vink & Deb Gray (our Financial Counsellors).
Please call our BERT Operations on 1300 261 114 if you have any queries.